Job Title: Occupational Therapist
Job Type: Full Time/Part-time/Casual
Sault Area Hospital (SAH), located in beautiful Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, provides primary, secondary, and tertiary hospital services for the residents of our community and surrounding area. With a state-of-the-art facility built in 2011, we have a bright and exciting future guided by our organizational vision, mission and iCcare values of Integrity, Compassion, Collaboration and Partnership, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Sault Ste. Marie offers a balanced lifestyle with low cost of living, short commute times, and access to both indoor and outdoor recreational activities of all types - right at your doorstep!
A career as an Occupational Therapist at SAH means joining a large team of experienced Occupational Therapists and an opportunity to work in outpatient and/or inpatient settings, including surgical, medical, intensive care, stroke, geriatric rehab, high-intensity rehab, and transitional care. Our Occupational Therapists are an integral part of the interdisciplinary care team, working alongside physicians, nurse practitioners, physiotherapists, etc. and supported by a team of Occupational Therapy Assistants to deliver exceptional care. As we continue to expand and enhance services, we are continuously looking for more Occupational Therapists to join our team in a variety of roles and capacities, including full time, part time and casual, temporary or permanent.
- Competitive salary ($39.19-$54.66/hr)
- HOOPP pension
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits (FT only)
- Paid vacation (starting at 3 weeks after 1 year, FT only)
- Eligibility for Ministry of Health Rehabilitation Professionals Incentive Grant Program (up to $15,000)
- Mentorship and development opportunities
As an Occupational Therapist at SAH, you will:
- Work on an assigned unit, with opportunity to rotate to and/or temporarily cover other units
- Screen patients and referrals for priority of intervention and facilitate referrals to appropriate health care and/or community programs.
- Assess patients’ physical, cognitive and functional abilities; plan and carry out individually designed treatment plans to maintain, improve or restore physical, cognitive and functional abilities and prevent dysfunction.
- Collaborate with patients and their families/care givers in developing treatment goals and encourage family participation in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the treatment plan.
- Assign components of treatment to, and supervise the practice of, Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTAs).
- Communicate regularly with the interdisciplinary care team, including physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Work within the scope of practice and standards laid out by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario and relevant legislation, policies, and procedures
- Act as a role model, mentor, and/or preceptor for learners, new grads, and new hires from various disciplines
- Stay up to date on best practices, research and legislative requirements
- Support various quality improvement initiatives
- Be flexible and accommodating to support evolving workload demands and priorities
Here is what you’ll need:
At SAH, we are looking for the right people to join our team. You should aspire to be a leader in your profession and demonstrate alignment with our iCcare values. Applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply with the following qualifications:
- BSc.OT or MSc.OT
- Current registration with, or eligible for registration with, College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Strong interpersonal skills, an ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team
- Be patient-focused
- Flexibility, adaptability, an ability to stay organized and prioritize
- Physically able to perform the duties of an Occupational Therapist
If you think this is the place for you, visit us online at www.sah.on.ca/careers or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace.
We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.