Community Occupational Therapist
(Full-Time or Part-Time) (Community, Virtual, or Hybrid Model)
Hiseler, Kelly & Associates is an expanding private practice located in downtown Peterborough looking to hire a part or full-time Occupational Therapist.
Who Are we?
Hiseler, Kelly & Associates is a growing practice of mental health professionals (3 psychologists, 5 social workers) located in the historical Harness Factory heritage building in downtown Peterborough, Ontario. We are committed to providing evidence-based, culturally informed, anti-racist approaches to psychological assessment, individual, couples, family, and group psychotherapy for folks 16+ on a wide variety of mental health concerns. This also includes specialized psychological services for first responders as well as those in conflict with the law.
Two Women: One Vision
Drs. Hiseler and Kelly started Hiseler, Kelly & Associates in September 2018 after years of working in hospital and corrections environments. Our clinic has eight newly renovated office suites, two waiting rooms, boardroom, full private kitchen, and private bathroom. Our building is accessible with an elevator, multi-stalled washrooms for clients, and client parking.
Our vision is to develop a highly skilled mental health community of interdisciplinary professionals in which everyone can learn from one another. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to make a professional home with us, as we help you in achieving your professional goals. We believe that an approachable, transparent work environment helps cultivate an optimal learning space so that professionals feel respected, feel heard, and thrive.
What We Can Offer
- Referrals off of a waitlist
- Autonomous decision making regarding your caseload and scheduling
- Established referral sources
- The support and assistance of two full time administrative assistants
- Space to offer groups and/or trainings (up to 10-12 people comfortably)
- Furnished office space (for in-office applicants)
- Online charting and booking software, including encrypted video capabilities
- Professional development opportunities
- Arrangements for supervision/consultation with social workers and psychologists, as per the Act of Psychotherapy and the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO)
- Regular case conference meetings providing interdisciplinary support
What We Are Looking For
- Must hold a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy or relevant work experience
- Registered and practicing in accordance with the Professional Standards of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO) and holding valid professional liability insurance for the province of Ontario.
- Ability to provide occupational therapy assessment and evidence-based occupational therapy interventions to first responders, military, and persons with occupational injuries (WSIB)
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools, as well as ability to address environmental, physical, mental, and activity related issues impending clients’ occupational function
- Willingness to work with traumatic stress symptoms, injuries, and disorders, as well as interest in pursuing greater training in this area for your professional development
- You will be working in a private practice capacity as an Independent Contractor (i.e., making your own schedule/hours, and determining your caseload)
- Ability to work within the policies and procedures of Hiseler, Kelly & Associates and uphold the core values of inclusion and diversity of backgrounds and identities
- Current driver’s license, insurance and access to a vehicle to provide in-person assessments and treatment services to clients throughout Peterborough County, Northumberland County, and Kawartha Lakes.
- Familiarity with mental health therapies, exposure therapy, and trauma-informed practice is an asset
How to Apply?
- We are accepting both full and part-time applications. Availability for community and hybrid virtual/community work.
- Flexibility with respect to start date and scheduling.
- Compensation is extremely competitive.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter describing your clinical style and career goals to email@example.com
- Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
As an inclusive employer, Hiseler, Kelly & Associates are committed to providing a fully accessible recruitment process. Please contact us at any time during the recruitment process and let us know what accessible supports you may need.
We Look Forward to Hearing from You!