Spectrum Health Care is hiring casual Occupational Therapist Consultants to support clients in Toronto starting at $70 - 90 per hour.
This role will provide an opportunity that includes both in-home and virtual consultations with patients and with Spectrum leadership, further enhancing our ability to provide rehabilitative services in the community. The incumbent will work as an independent contractor.
Our people are the cornerstone of our business. By joining Spectrum Health Care you will be part of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies and a committed member of a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals.
At Spectrum Health Care our mission is re-imagining home care for clients and families to provide products and services they need, whenever care is required, delivered by the most qualified and compassionate staff.
- Assist patients with overcoming physical, cognitive and emotional barriers to maximize their independence and engagement in daily activities.
- Performs comprehensive patient assessments to evaluate patients’ physical, cognitive, and psychosocial abilities, as well as identify barrier to functional performance.
- Assists with the development of individualized patient care plans, with direct participation from the patient and family.
- Provide guidance and training on adaptive equipment, assistive devices, and environmental modifications to enhance patient independence and safety.
- Monitor patients’ progress by reassessing functional abilities and adjust treatment plans as needed to facilitate optimal outcomes.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including but not limited to physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, personal support workers, social workers, speech therapists and physiotherapists.
- MA in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as an Occupational Therapist
- Experience working in a community setting is an asset
- Valid Ontario driver's license and a reliable vehicle
- Knowledge and experience working with a diverse patient population, including frail seniors and patients with multiple comorbidities.
- Proficiency in conducting assessments, interpreting findings, and formulating evidence-based treatment plans.
- Familiarity with assistive devices, adaptive equipment, and environmental modifications
- Proficiency in computer software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office) and virtual communication platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Go To Meeting)
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Spectrum Health Care is committed to fostering, cultivating and building a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization. We strive to attract, engage and develop a workforce that reflects the diverse communities that we serve and we know a diverse workforce is key to the growth and success of our organization.
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly provide us with your email address by sending an email to email@example.com.