- Are you an occupational therapist currently working or considering working with children and youth on the autism spectrum?
- Are you looking for strategies to help you build a neurodiversity-affirming and strengths-based practice?
- Do you want to become more confident and effective in your skills to support children and youth on the autism spectrum?
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital in partnership with the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists are proud to present:
Holland Bloorview’s Autism Summit-OT Edition is generously funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) through the Workforce Capacity Fund, which aims to build capacity within the Ontario Autism Program (OAP). This is an excellent opportunity for occupational therapy practitioners and occupational therapy students to learn, develop and/or advance their knowledge and clinical skills when supporting children and youth on the autism spectrum. Learn more.
We are currently in the process of building the website for Holland Bloorview’s Autism Summit-OT Edition but we wanted to give you a few details as a starting point to help you plan for this event:
- This is a virtual event and will be FREE FOR ALL to attend for five consecutive days (December 10th to 14th, 2022)
- There will be a total of 25 pre-recorded conversations plus live speakers’ panels
- You will have access to each day’s pre-recorded interviews/conversations for 24 hours on the day that they are released (starting at 8 a.m EST to 8 a.m EST the next day)
- More information to come!
By attending this Summit, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of services and supports available under the Ontario Autism Program (OAP), with a focus on occupational therapy and clinically relevant practices
- Learn and reflect on essential concepts that support the development of a neurodiversity-affirming and strengths-based occupational therapy practice
- Learn from 30+ highly seasoned occupational therapists and other professionals, family members and autistic people including: Kelly Mahler, Meg Proctor, Jessie Wilson, Chloe Rothschild, Kim Barthel, Virginia Spielmann, Moira Peña, Kelly Beins, Maisie Soetantyo & many others!
- Gain information that will assist in building knowledge and confidence in your skills related to supporting children and youth on the autism spectrum
- Hear directly from autistic people and gain new insight into safe and effective self-regulation strategies for supporting optimal and authentic function and participation in children and youth on the autism spectrum
- Learn new knowledge and strategies from our live panels’ speakers that you can begin to implement in your practice right away!
By attending this summit, you will also gain access to a comprehensive Toolkit of Recommended Resources for Occupational Therapists!
Please share with your colleagues far and wide! This is an inclusive event and is open to all. While Holland Bloorview’s Autism Summit-OT Edition has been specifically designed to meet the needs of occupational therapy practitioners and occupational therapy students, other health care professionals, autistic people, families and others are most welcomed to attend.
We will email all of the summit’s details to registered participants approximately one week prior to the summit’s launch!
Looking forward to seeing you there,
Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital and the Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists